Poway, CA (October 4, 2021) – Badass Tents® launches its CONVOY™ model Made-in-USA high-performance rooftop tents with classic off-road looks and performance. Discerning outdoor enthusiasts who live the “go big or go home” life will appreciate this next-level tent designed to look like a classic expedition roof rack with features that enhance performance and enjoyment.
Badass Tents is disrupting the rooftop tent industry with 5 new patents filed in 2021 on its revolutionary engineering and designs. Prior to the Badass Tent filings, there were only 11 live patents worldwide in the category. Patents include radical industry-leading features like modular assembly to reduce transport costs, moon roof, streamlined roof rack design that integrates like it’s a part of the vehicle, utility case design and more.
All Badass Tents (also known as BA Tents®) take 1 minute to set up and feature an aerodynamic low-profile design to fit in your garage and have no noticeable wind noise or loss in gas mileage while on the road. They are the lightest, thinnest hard top tents on the market today at 122 lbs. and 5” tall from the top of the vehicle. Using their 56+ years of plastics manufacturing experience, they are manufactured in San Diego, CA with a durable, high-gloss coextruded plastic cover that looks like an OEM paint job mounted on a space age, extruded aluminum frame with no external latches or straps to give this an OEM showroom look and feel.
The Badass Tents’ Convoy RTT includes a full 40”x72” skyward moonroof with 4 large windows that give an unobstructed 360+ degree view. The Convoy’s ultra-slim profile design built using a high-strength extruded aluminum frame will allow most vehicles to pull into residential garages and parking structures without having to remove the rooftop tent.*
Outstanding vehicle integration keeps BA Tent’s RTTs snug to the vehicle for better daily commuter performance and while in route to your off-road adventure. With its lower center of gravity and weight, you’ll never feel it while crawling over rocks and racing across the Baja Desert. The enhanced aesthetic is another Badass bonus that overlanders and campers alike value.
Available now for:
• 2009-2022 Toyota® 4Runner (Gen 5)
• 2020-2022 Land Rover® Defender 110
• 2011-2022 Land Rover® Discovery 5 (Full size)
• 2005-2016 Land Rover® LR3 /LR4/Discovery 3/Discovery 4
Coming soon for the: NEW Ford® Bronco, Lexus® LX460 & LX470, Jeep® Wrangler 4 Door, Subaru® Ascent, Toyota FJ Cruiser among other vehicles.
• Lightest, thinnest hardtop tent at 122 lbs. and 5” tall total height
• Authentic roof rack styling using co-extruded, 3-layer ABS high-gloss Plastic over an extruded aluminum frame
• OEM-style vehicle integration with no external latches or straps, adds no extra wind noise or reduction in gas mileage
• Aggressive, off-road look with pipe-framed cage styling in Nightsky Gloss Black, Polar Gloss White or Onyx Utility Black
• Ultra-slim 5” frame and low-profile mounts allows for garage entry*
• Patented modular design with Expert level DIY assembly delivers higher quality at a lower price
• Lightweight at 122 lbs. helps retain low vehicle center of gravity for enhanced performance
• 4X ETA (Engineered Tension Arms) lift system allows for quick 1min set up and structural integrity even in windy conditions
• Optional patented 40” x 72” moonroof offers a full skyward view
• High-performance tent walls made with Industry leading waterproof 420D Nylon Oxford Fabric
• Durable, micro-weave black mesh window screens keep the no-see-um bugs out and provide unobstructed 360-degree views to bring the outside in or seal up when you need privacy
• Coated and weather-resistant zippers with convenient branded zipper pulls
• 100% recycled thermal regulating/even mattress pad offers comfort and support
• Two person + dog sleeping capacity
• Made-in-USA quality you can see, backed up by a 3-year warranty**
The BA Tents engineering team uses their knowledge of powersport aerodynamics and durable plastics, used in automotive, military and medical applications, to develop best-in-class rooftop tents that people will be proud to install on their vehicles. “Our CONVOY™ off-road model sports an aggressive design that pairs well with overlanding vehicles,” explained Badass Tents Founder Roger Davis. “The CONVOY™ embodies the spirit of our Badass brand.”
Badass Tent’s CONVOY™ tents are available now at www.BadassTents.com and select retailers starting at $3,799.99.* To learn more about Badass Tents and how they can improve outdoor experiences follow @badasstents on Instagram, Facebook and see the latest videos on YouTube.
About Badass Tents: Founded in 2020, Badass Tents® is disrupting and revolutionizing the rooftop tent category through its patented designs and durable Made-in-the-USA quality components. The tents integrate with vehicle roofs to provide better performance and aesthetics in transit and when fully deployed. Badass Tents (also known as BA Tents®) are field-tested under real-life scenarios in the mountains, desert and at the beach near the company’s San Diego headquarters where the philosophy is Down to earth, but still above. Learn more at BadassTents.com.
*Check clearance before entering home garage or parking structures. It’s not Badass to damage a vehicle, RTT or building.
** See BadassTents.com for warranty details.